Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back on it!

Sooooo, I was bad over the last couple of weeks. I needed to take a break from this crazy program for a little bit, plus, I wanted to have fun while I was on Christmas vacation. The downside to that is that I gained 3-4 pounds back over the last 2 weeks. I know exactly why. Here's how:

1. Lots of bread
2. Quite a few sugary alcohol beverages
3. Wassel!
4. Not enough water to drink and too much salt
5. A little something called Apple Crunch Coffee Cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup
6. That Jamocha shake from Arby's with curly fries I JUST had to have

I'm sure I could list a few more things but you get my point.

Today I am back on it. Here I am feeling a little poofy...


I am sort of starting out with the 3 day cleanse diet like I did at the beginning of the original 13 weeks. I had 2 eggs for breakfast, downed my QuickBoost. Had half of an orange for a snack with my Hot Chocolate Protein drink, and for lunch I plan on eating chicken breast with salad greens. (You are supposed to eat a protein and an unlimited amount of raw veggies for lunch and dinner for 2 days along with 64 oz. of water.) For an afternoon snack I have the other half of my orange and a protein bar. Then, I will start the diet again but maybe not exactly like QWLC wants me to.

I decided I am not going back there. They keep calling me "wondering how I am doing" but I know it's to get be back in there to spend more money. I know their diet works, and I have been doing it for 3 months now and feel like I can go at it on my own. My plan is to do the cleanse, do the diet for 6 more weeks, then reassess where I am and where I wanna be.

The other thing I need to research and decide about is the protein supplements. Over the past 2 weeks I have not taken them and I have pooped like normal. Those things make me extremely constipated and I end up drinking some nasty tea that gives me bad stomach cramps all day until I finally go. I found some Kashi protein bars that have more fiber and less protein... maybe I will try those for a while. The supps from QWLC are $50 a week for what I need, and I just can't spend that any longer. So I will be spending some time deciding what to do about that this week when they run out in my pantry.

The bottom line is that this whole experience has created a new lifestyle for me. I know I ate junk at Christmas... who doesn't... but from now on I eat from the outside walls of the grocery store, skip the middle aisles as much as possible, grab some frozen veggies, avoid the yummy bread in the deli and be on my way. No soft drinks, no pre-packaged processed foods (sodium), no sweets unless it is a special occasion.

So you guys are my accountability now. I'll let you know how I am doing every week or so. I still have 20 pounds to go to be where I would like to be health wise. And then, 10-20 pounds after that to be "high school skinny" again... but we will see what happens over the next few weeks. If I lose 4-5 pounds a MONTH by September I would be a size 6 (140 lbs. or so ) by my birthday... the BIG 3-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment