Friday, December 16, 2011

Week 13 at QWLC, Last weigh in

Sooooo, it is my last week* at QWLC on the main diet plan. After 13 weeks of a strict diet, supplements and lots of water my total weight loss is 24 lbs! (or a good S-H-I-T away from 25 lbs, which is what I like to say around the office...)

Here are the stats:
13 Weeks (3 Months)
24 lbs (1.85 lbs/week average)
6 inches in Waist
4 inches in Hips
4 inches in Chest
3 sizes in pants (14/16 to 10)
Size 10/12 dress size (from a 16)

What was easy: Drinking lost of water and giving up coke
What was hardest: Avoiding my favorite things to eat like Crazy Bread and Toffee candies (which both I had 2-3 times over the last few months... oh well...)
Where I didn't cheat: Breakfast. I have not had one McGriddle with hash browns in 3 months... and don't intend on it!
Where I did cheat: I love my red wine too much
What I am going to do differently over the next few months: Stay true to no fast food, no fried foods, no packaged/processed food

Although I did not make my goal of losing 40 lbs YET, I am so proud of myself for actually close. I am healthier, more confident, and I am wearing a pair of size 10 skinny jeans today!


For those of you that have not been following the last few weeks, here is my official "Before" pic:


And here is a pile full of clothes that are too big more me (mostly pants, sized 12-16):


It doesn't look very big in the picture but it is a PILE. It comes up to the seat of the chair and consists of about 15 pairs of jeans, a few pairs of "work pants" and a couple of tops.

As far as my disclaimer at the top goes, this is where I start ranting and raving. I need to talk about next steps with QWLC. I went in to weigh today during lunch and just about lost it on a sassed-mouth employee that was obviously having a bad day. 

Last week I went in and talked to this really sweet lady about next steps. I told her that when my 13 weeks was up with them, I just wanted to get through Christmas time not worrying about everything I consume, have fun and then continue to lose weight after the New Year. She agreed with me and said that sounded good, and I could go on "stabilization" (adding back in more food/regular foods) when I was ready. 

I came in today and was told that I either had to pay to keep losing more weight or I had to go on stabilization now. I asked "well, what if I lose weight while I am on stabilization?" and was told that I should not be losing any weight because I should be eating more food. So they basically have me in a  trap to where I have to keep a food diary, check in with them every week, and if I lose any weight I have to go back on the diet and pay them for the weeks I lose weight. 

Can I get a "HEEEEELLLLLLL, NOOOOO!"

And then she proceeds to ask me if I would have any challenges this weekend to stay "on plan" and I said yes... Denny's grandmother's macaroni pie! And she asks what I plan on doing to stay on plan and I wanted to shove my food diary where the sun don't shine. Do they REALLY expect people to be good at Christmas???

I know the diet works, I know the accountability works, I know the supplements do help but don't EVEN tell me I have to pay you to continue to lose weight. I WILL continue to do this on my own. It is a lifestyle change that I am used to, and my family as well! Yes, I cheated, yes, I drank alcohol, yes, I ate my Christmas cookies my grandmother made me. Shut up BITCH! At least I know that I will keep the weight off because I made better choices and lost 1-2 lbs a week (doctor recommended) vs. their 3-5 lbs. 

I bought my supplements and left cussing her under my breath. 

Merry Christmas everyone. I love you all and thanks for the support. I am going to keep going after the New Year (and try to be as good as possible over the next few weeks.)




1 comment:

  1. If you can make it through Thanksgiving and Christmas and still have a net loss of 25 lbs., that bitch at QWLC can suck it. I'm really proud of you, babe! you look great, but in the words of one Sir Mixalot, "You can do side-bends or sit-ups, but please don't loose that butt!"

    ReplyDelete