Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jeans Party

The other night I decided to have a "jeans trying on" party because my favorite pair of jeans from Old Navy are just flat worn out. I have worn them and my "jeggings" just about everyday since happily waving bye-bye to my 14's. The seams around my inner thighs were wearing pretty thin and I was growing weary of a major wardrobe malfunction at work one day soon.

I have a pile of jeans in my closet I have not touched since I got pregnant with Logan over 2 years ago. I had no idea what size they were or what they looked like, so I had a little trying on session. Side note: It's amazing what you realize you have in your closet when you do this.

Come to find out, they are all 12's! I thought they were 10's. I don't know why I thought they were 10's because I have not been in a size 10 since about 2003.

And the better news is... THEY ALL FIT... or were on the verge of being TOO BIG! It didn't matter what brand, cut or shape, they fit. My GAP Long and Lean jeans were my favorite and they fit great. I wore them the next day to work and they "grew" throughout the day. That's a good sign that I am on my way to a 10!



By the way, I am rounding up week 7 with QWLC and have lost a total of 19 lbs. When they measured me last (almost 2 weeks ago) I had lost 1" in my hips, 4" in my waist and 1-1/2" in my chest! Since that measurement, I have lost about 6 lbs. so I will be measured again this coming Monday and hopefully have more good news to report!

Speaking of QWLC... I hit a plateau really fast. I had a hard time getting past about 12 lbs. Right now I am averaging 2.7 lbs. a week. They moved me down to "Plan 2" which means no more eggs in the a.m. (thank God, I hated cooking one every morning) so my diet consists of:

Breakfast: 1 fruit, one starch (Toast with cinnamon and diet butter, and grapes) vitamins, 4oz. skim milk, QuickBoost
Snack: Drink mix (I am loving the Hot Chocolate) and a fruit (apple, usually)
Lunch: Protein and 2 Veggies, 1 starch (Like today, I had Chicken Breast and Zucchini "fries" (breadcrumbs), QB
Snack: Protein Bar (Caramel Crunch has consistently been my favorite) and a fruit
Dinner: Protein, 2 Veggies (Like tilapia or salmon with mixed veggies)

Seems pretty boring right. It is, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment