Wednesday, September 14, 2011

1 Week Mark - 5-1/2 lbs. gone!

Goooood morning everyone!

So today is the 1 week mark.... and I got on the scale (again, butt-naked, FTITM) and I have lost 5-1/2 lbs! So it IS actually working. I met with my counselor yesterday and she took a look at my food diary. She laughed at a couple of things, which scared me, but she said I was doing really well and could tell I was "really trying". But she pointed out that I cannot have deli turkey, which is what I ate throughout the cleanse and the a few times over the last week. I told her I asked for the "low sodium" kind and she still said it had too much sodium. So I guess if I want to eat turkey slices on my sandwich (which consists of 1 slice of bread) I have to bake a whole damn turkey and slice it up like it's freaking Thanksgiving day. Oh well... lesson learned right?

She did clear up the schedule a little bit for me so I could understand what I needed to be eating when:
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 fruit, 1 starch, skim milk OR 3/4 cup of Special K Protein cereal with skim milk, 1 fruit. And of course your QuickBoost, Vitamin, 2 KLB-5 and Fish Oil
Mid AM Snack: 1 Fruit and the Protein drink mix
Lunch: 1 Protein, 2 Veggies, 1 Starch, QB, 2 KLB, 1 FO
PM Snack: 1 Fruit (option to have protein bar here, or save it for later)
Dinner: 1 Protein, 2 Veggies, 1 Starch, 2 KLB, 1 FO
(Side Note: After dinner you could save that protein bar for dessert if you need something to eat, but no more than 2 hours before you go to bed. Dinner should be 4 hours before bed, no fruit after 6pm.)


How I feel:
Honestly, I am getting so used to the diet that I don't miss some of the things I HAD to have everyday, like my nightly cheese and crackers or my glass of wine with dinner or my morning Coca-Cola. I am a little constipated though... I really wanna go eat a hash brown from McDonalds because I know that would give me a good  trip to the bathroom. That might be my other 1/2 a pound!

I have set up some "rewards" for myself and they are the following:
I did have one for 5 lbs, but that happened so fast (and was pretty easy), so...


10 lbs: A spa pedicure
15 lbs: Birthday Cake! (My birthday is at the end of September)
20 lbs: Trip to Charming Charlies
25 lbs: Girls Night Out, wine!
30 lbs: A MAC makeover
35 lbs: A shirt or dress from Anthropologie
40 lbs: Shopping spree!

I also think it is time to start adding some exercise into this diet. Even if it is just briskly walking on my lunch break (enjoying the Fall weather too!) I need to do something because I don't want to go to the movies when this is all over and have a bag of popcorn and blow up like the Snoopy float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

And with that being said, here are MORE reasons for weight loss:
I want to get in pre-pre-pregnancy jeans
I want to plan a wedding dress wearing party with the girls and my dress be too big!
I want someone besides Mexican men to check me out at the mall
I want to wear this Halloween costume (Sucker Punch Baby Doll - see it!):
(But only if the stretch marks agree) ;)
I want to get a family picture done at Christmas that I actually like.

Stay tuned my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment