Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moment of Weakness

So. My friend Ronda saved my diet today. She is a true friend and was really looking out for me. If you have read previous blog posts, I have already had a few obstacles with food to overcome. I refused cupcakes on Saturday, my Friday night wine, multiple goodies on the back table near me at work, but TODAY I had a moment of weakness. This is why:

Today I came into work without packing my lunch, but I knew there were fast food options out there that are on my diet. So when I went to my lunch buddy Ronda to see what was up for our lunch break, she suggested Jim n' Nicks. I told her I was too weak to go and sit in there and smell BBQ and french fries... and the infamous cheese biscuits. If you have not been to this place and had them, you are missing out. They are like the garlic cheese biscuits at Red Lobster but in sweet corn bread form (AND you can actually eat other things on the menu without being disgusted!)



But she knows me well, so she says we will just order it to-go and not go in. She knows my diet so well that she actually orders for me. "Yes, we need a Pig in the Garden salad with Smoked Chicken instead of pork and a large Sweet tea with Splenda." Ronda and my friend Nicole order their salads too and we go back to the lunch room. On the way back to the office Nicole asks "Can I have your cheese muffin?" I told her yes. I was not even aware it came with my salad, but yes.

We sit down and start unpacking our food. I put my splenda in my tea, stirred it around and opened up my to-go box. There they were, sittin' pretty. Yes "they". There were 2 of them. But I sat them aside and ate my chicken. And then I ate my salad without any dressing because I forgot my spritzer. When I was finished I look up and there they were in all their glory. Staring at me. I ignored them. They were calling my name. They even jumped up on my shoulders like two little cheesy, melt-in-your-mouth, sugary devils, poking me with their little salty forks chanting "eat me! eat me!" I had a stare down with them, and then I picked them up and gave one of them to Nicole as promised.

This is when it got nasty.

As I started to offer Ronda the other one, my right hand decided to have a mind of it's own and tear off 1/3 of the muffin. The right hand so desperately wanted to feed the mouth that was oh-so watery for it. But what happened next happened so fast. In a flash, Ronda took that bad hand of mind and scooped that muffin out! I, in return, about went after her hand with my mouth like a starving, salivating and possibly infected with rabies, WOLF. I wanted it bad.

But she said she wasn't going to let me do that. She took it all away from me and said she was only looking out for me. Then I snapped out of it, came back to reality and thanked her for being a true friend and for all the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment